This is How You Run Consistently
You've tried running in the past but it never stuck right? We're all so busy these days, kids to shuffle to swim lessons and softball practice, groceries to pick up, full time jobs to do, etc. Trying to get into a running habit is often one of those things that falls by the wayside and soon we're asking ourselves how we got out of shape and put on those extra 10 pounds we had worked so hard to take off.
If you really have a desire to get in shape and stay in shape then you need to 'pay yourself first', thats right, before you get on with the day, make a commitment to getting outside for a quick run or a long run, whatever you have time for. Whatever you do, don't wait for later in the day, because that's when life will get in the way and running will get pushed to the side. Remember to 'pay yourself first!'.
Follow these 5 tips to keep you on track to becoming a regular runner
1. Arrange your schedule so that you can do your run in the morning, pay yourself first!
2. Consistency is key, commit to at least 3 days per week and make it a habit, even better if you can do 5 days a week.
3. Set goals for each run. Ie: run 3 minutes, walk 2 minutes, or run the block then walk to the first driveway, repeat.
4. Challenge yourself. Try to run to the 4th house, if you still feel fine, keep going for another 2 houses,etc. When you feel uncomfortable, push a little harder just for a minute before you take a break
5. Commit to a monthly running challenge, its the most fun you'll have running. Getting a monthly subscription box just for runners will help you stick to your goals, help make running actually fun and give more purpose to it. You'll be amazed at how good you feel after the accomplishing a monthly challenge, and then again when you tell your friends and co-workers about your accomplishment!